Rabbit rabbit recipe
- Sep 1st 2009
In honor of the tradition of saying “rabbit rabbit” on the first of the month I’ve got a salad recipe for you any bunny would be honored to have. (I so did not intend on “any bunny” but I’m keeping it in.)
Not only is it beautiful, it’s ridiculously easy to make and tastes great.
SHREDDED BEET & CARROT SALAD (serves 2)
- 2 medium sized raw beets (use any kind, but Chioggia is perfect for this)
- A few carrots
- Some baby greens (I love arugula)
- Peel both the beets and carrots and then shred them seperately. Keep the shredded piles apart from each other.
- Grab a bowl or plate and put some greens on it. Then take some of the carrots and place them in a line on the greens. Then next to it, do a line of the beets. Get creative, just don’t toss it before serving because the beets will stain the carrots and it won’t be as pretty.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon and drizzle some over the salad
- A little sprinkle of sea salt and a bit of fresh mint is also nice but not mandatory.
- Serve and devour.
Carrots and beets, a lovely combo. Good for the skin, eyes, digestive system and blood. This recipe and some nice thick soup at lunch would keep you going strong through the end of the work day.
If for some reason you have a rabbit and want to give them some make sure you keep the olive oil, lemon and salt out.