Swiss chard & chickpea saute’
- Sep 24th 2009
I make this once in awhile it only takes about 15 minutes from start to dinner. It’s good, filling and perfect for when you’re starving and it’s too late to eat a heavy meal.
You’ll need (If you come to my house it’ll be all organic or local produce):
- About a tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 large Spanish or yellow onion chopped up (not to small)
- Some broccoli cut into pieces
- A few cloves of garlic, chopped up
- 1 can (garbanzo beans) rinsed really well
- A dash of cumin
- A sprinkle of dried hot pepper
- A big pinch of
- Take the oil & put it in a big frying pan and heat up.
- Add the onions & cook until they’re translucent
- Add the broccoli and garlic and a few tablespoons of water & saute’ for a few minutes.
- Add the chick peas, cumin, hot pepper and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chard & cook until wilted, stir frequently.
- Add the rice & cook until heated up
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar & you’re good to go.
- Serve in a bowl.
The leftovers make a great lunch, just bring ‘em to work with you and heat up for a few seconds (if you’ve got to nuke it do it. I’m not a fan of microwaves but this is so much better warm an occasional use is worth it.)