Jayme’s Green Beans with Lemon and Pine Nuts
- Aug 12th 2010
- 1 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook beans in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes, and drain well in a colander.
- Add pine nuts to a hot frying pan and shake pan continually for about 1 minute until pine nuts are aromatic and changing color. Transfer to a bowl.
- Using the same pan add the green beans to brown very slightly and remove more of the water about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to same bowl as the pine nuts. Add parsley, zest, lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to green beans and pine nuts, toss to coat. Serve room temperature.
We should all eat more green beans, they’re a good source of vitamin K, vitamin C, Vitamin A, manganese and fiber. If you know any diabetics, let them know that one cup of green beans is equivalent to one unit of insulin.
Thanks Jayme! I always look forward to your food and this recipe kicks ass.