- Aug 31st 2010
Don’t ya’ hate when it’s about 3:30-4 PM when all you want to do is take a nap and you can’t? Ah, the afternoon slump. It gets to a lot of us, and we tend to get a jolt from either sugar or caffeine, problem is the buzz wears off in a few hours, leaving you cranky, irritable and generally no fun to be around. Work is work, you’ve got to get through it, so what to do?
Try these out the next time you feel the crash and burn coming:
- Raw nuts (like almonds, walnuts, cashews) are a lifesaver when you need a little push. They’re also a great source of healthy fats which will keep your skin hair and nails looking gorgeous. A handful is plenty to rev you up.
- Water! We all need more of it and dehydration makes us sleepy and fat. No need to add potions or powders, just enjoy it as it is, from the tap.
- Stretch! Take a few minutes and do some really good standing stretches. This is wonderful especially if you work from a desk. (If you’re shy search out and empty room.)
- Have a piece of fruit. The natural sugars aren’t nearly as jarring its refined cousin. There’s fiber, vitamins and minerals, no comparison to a candy bar or soda.
- If you can escape for about 5 minutes take a quick walk and breathe while you’re doing it. Even around the block will help, revving up the circulation will keep you alert for the rest of the day.
Don’t fall for those energy products, they tend to get you so wired you can’t focus and the crash tends to be really bad. They’ll also help to weakent your thyroid and adrenal glands due to all the adrenalin they produce, not good.
Your body is the only one you’ve got, take good care and it’ll treat you well.