Dan’s baked apples
- Dec 7th 2010
I’m a luckly girl, I’ve got a husband who likes to cook and is handy in the kitchen. Last night he decided to make some baked apples, they were perfect after a long frigid day. The recipe’s really easy, and it’s delicious, warming and reminds me of being a kid. This is a wonderful solution for a night time snack or a light desert.
- A few apples (He used organic Macoun from the farmer’s market) If you use organic don’t bother peeling them.
- A teeny bit of sugar
- Optional- A 1/2 pat of butter per apple
And this is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Core the apples and cut the bottom third off of the core, put that back in the apple so it’s got a little plug
- Put the apples in a non-reactive dish holes facing up and add about a shot glass of water to the pan.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a small pinch of sugar (per apple), if you’re using butter put it in the hole.
- Pop ‘em in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the skin’s cracked and you can easily pierce it with a knife.
- Serve immediately.
This is also a great side dish, baked apples are perfect with winter foods. Try one mashed into your oatmeal for breakfast, good stuff.