Red Russian kale with leek and apple
- Mar 23rd 2011
The week of sick fun continues. My doctor gave me a cough syrup with vicodin and I took some last night. What in the Hell is the attraction to this drug? It got me totally wired and itchy like a dog with fleas. Good news is I didn’t cough, but today I’m like a zombie. Why am I telling you this? Dunno. Maybe it’s because I’m reading Chelsea Handler and the cough syrup hasn’t worn off totally. Whatever, don’t judge.
I made this dish last night, it went great with red quinoa and Grazin’ Angus Acres Bavarian sausages.
You’ll need (Extra points as always for organic or from the farmer’s market):
- A big bunch of red Russian kale, stems off, rinsed ridiculously well and chopped a little
- 1 leek, rinsed equally well and chopped lightly
- 1 small apple chopped small but bigger than diced
- Heat up a skillet on low/medium heat and add a little olive oil.
- Add the leeks and apples and saute until soft.
- Crank the heat and add the kale. Keep it all moving until the kale looks wet, about 3 minutes.
- Taste, add a little Celtic sea salt if you like and serve.
Quick, easy peasy, and really tasty, it reminded me of something fancy from a restaurant. Do it, you’ll love it.