Jaquan’s awesome baked potato recipe
- Apr 4th 2011
I work with Jaquan, he’s in high-school. He’ll be a famous chef one day if he keeps going like he is.
This is one of his recipes.
It’s true that sweet potatoes are much healthier than white potatoes but who doesn’t love white potatoes? This recipe makes them better for you. If you’re a true meat and potatoes kinda person try switching to sweet potatoes once in a while, your body will love it.
- 2 good-sized baking potatoes
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 splashes Balsamic vinegar
- 2 drops honey
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar is fine) chopped up
- One or two garlic cloves choppd up
- 1/2 an apple chopped up
- Fresh or dried basil
- About a cup and a half of green peas or chopped broccoli
- Sour cream (optional)
This is what you’re gonna do:
- Bake the potatoes in the oven. I like them at 400 degrees for about an hour, don’t forget to cut a slit in the top so they don’t explode.
- Saute Spanish onion in extra virgin olive oil.
- When that’s done, deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar.
- Add honey, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add red pepper, garlic, apple, basil and sweet peas or broccoli, mix well and saute for about 5 to 8 minutes or until greens are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from hot pan and add 2 or 3 spoonfuls of sour cream.
- When the potatoes are done pop them open and add the filling.