Recipe: Chickpea salad
- Jun 21st 2011
Here’s a ridiculously easy recipe for you today, perfect for the heat. Chickpeas or garbanzo beans are loaded with protein, fiber, iron, folate, manganese, phosphorus and copper.
They’re low in calories and fat, kinda like an ideal food. They’re tasty and easy, I always have a can around in case I’m starved and don’t want to cook.
You’ll need (points for organic or local farmer’s market):
- 1 can of organic Garbanzo beans
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced in thin rounds
- 1 bunch broccoli florets cut into bite sized pieces and steamed for 2 minutes then shocked in cold water
- 2 scallions cut thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- A handful of fresh, chopped parsley
- Take everything and toss in a bowl.
- Add a splash of olive oil, a dash of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon, serve.
This salad is perfect for a hot day, it’s light, filling and will keep you going ’till dinner. Good stuff.