Recipe- Roasted potatoes
- Sep 20th 2011
You can’t go wrong with this one, great for when the french fry craving is intense.
- A small bag of russet potatoes, I used little ones. Or like 2 full-sized ones chopped into a little larger than bite-sized pieces. No need to be militant about this, different sizes cook at different speeds & I’m down with that.
- About 4 tablespoons organic cultured butter melted on low, and an extra pat on the side for later.
- Dried parsley, about 1/4 tsp
- Dried rosemary about 1/4 tsp
- Dried thyme about 1/4 tsp
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Powdered garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Put potato pieces on a cookie sheet with sides, I lined mine with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Pour melted butter over potatoes and toss well.
- Sprinkle with herbs and sea salt.
- Put in the oven for about 40 to 50 minutes total, you’re going to want to check on them about every 15 minutes to flip them and make sure they’re not burning.
- Once you’ve got lots of crunchy brown bits, transfer to a serving dish and toss in 1 pat of butter cut into fourths. When it’s melted, toss well and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder, this will keep them from getting rock hard.
- Let sit about 5 minutes before serving.
Needless to say, this would also be ridiculously amazing with sweet potatoes. This is a healthier version of fries, but that doesn’t mean it should be eaten daily. Have fun!