- Jan 5th 2012
This is one of the grossest stories I’ve heard in a long time and it really freaks me out. Do you remember the guy who was suing Pepsico because he found an intact, dead mouse in his Mountain Dew?
Pepsico is saying that if the mouse truly got in the can at the bottling plant he would have not been found intact, in fact they said that the mouse would have decomposed into a “jelly-like substance”. To that I say EEEEEWWWWWWW!
When I read about this story my first thought was “Why would anyone want to drink a beverage that has the capability to dissolve an animal?” Pepsico is totally aware that their sodas can break down tissue and bones, so how is ingesting something that can do that be considered safe for consumption?
If you can bear it, you can read the story here from CBS Los Angeles.
My opinion? Keep away from sodas. Anything that can dissolve calcium and other minerals can’t be good for you. I don’t know about you, but water’s sounding much sexier to me.