Recipe: Crock pot kabocha carrot soup
- Feb 14th 2012
I’ve been experimenting with my crock pot, this is what I came up with last week. It was ridiculously easy and by the time I got home I had fresh soup!
If you’re not familiar with kabocha squash find one, they’re delicious and high in fiber, minerals and vitamins. It also tastes great so getting your daily dose of nutrients is a pleasure. You could add a little cayenne to the recipe if you like heat, I kept it out this time.
- 3/4 medium sized Kabocha squash peeled, seeded and cut into pieces
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut up
- 1 onion, chopped, I used one of those flat ones
- About 1/4 cup coconut cream
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- About 1/4 Tsp of thyme
- A pinch of paprika
- 2 pats of butter
- A big pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 2 cloves
- About 2 cups of water
- A 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and cut in half
Put it all in the crockpot, turn on to simmer for 6 hours & mash well with a potato masher when done. (I prefer a potato masher to a blender when it comes to squash, I feel like sometimes it can get too babyfoodish.) If you’re vegan, take out the butter and replace with olive oil, simple as that.
This soup is beautiful and tasty, I hope you enjoy it.