Recipe- Pasta with shallots, yellow squash, peas, goat cheese and cilantro
- May 24th 2012
I know there are tons of pasta recipes on the site, but they’re quick, cheap and easy, perfect after a long day.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 medium sized yellow squash, chopped
- About 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- About 2 tablespoons of good, young goat cheese
- Celtic sea salt for taste
- Pasta noodles of your choice, I used rotini. About 4 servings
- Put a drizzle of olive oil in the pan and heat on medium/low.
- Get your pasta water started, add a nice pinch of salt to the water.
- Add shallots to the oil and cook for about 3 minutes on medium/low, so you’ve got a nice light sizzle going on.
- Add the squash and cook until translucent.
- Add the peas, cook for about 2 minutes and set aside until the water is boiling and the pasta is cooking.
- While the pasta’s cooking, add the cheese and cilantro to the skillet and mix really well, the heat of the food will melt the cheese.
- When the pasta’s done, drain well and then add it to the skillet. Stir and get everything really well combined, let sit for a minute or two before serving,
This recipe also works really well with the addition of one cooked Chorizo sausage chopped up really finely, it adds heat and a little punch.
I hope you enjoy this, we really did.