Recipe- Gorgeous summer salad
- Jul 3rd 2012
It’s been so dang hot I made a big salad for dinner last night.
It was gorgeous and delicious so I decided to share it with you.
Obviously salad isn’t brain surgery, that’s why I love it. This is a good recipe to do with kids, it’s easy and having them help will spark their interest in it. You may need to change out the greens for baby lettuce, arugula can be too bitter for little ones.
- 3 big double handfuls of baby arugula
- 1/2 of a yellow pepper, chopped small
- About 1/2-3/4 cup blueberries
- Either 3 small Persian or 1 medium sized cucumber, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- About 10-15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh ricotta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing-
- 2 tablespoons excellent extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fruit vinegar (found in specialty stores, I used pomegranate) or you can use a good balsamic
- A pinch of Celtic sea salt
- A 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients and let them sit for about 10 minutes in a glass before you dress the salad if you’ve got the time.
- Put everything else in your favorite salad bowl.
- Right before serving, add dressing and toss well.
This and a piece of cold fried chicken was a perfect meal, so pretty and so yummy, vegans take out the cheese, add some garbanzos and you’re set.