Recipe: Chris’ fantastic & quick pasta
- Aug 21st 2012
You can thank my sister later, she loves roses.
- At least 3 large tomatoes per person or the equivalent, use any kind you like just make sure they taste good.
- At least 1 big handful of basil chopped up well (She said “a ton”).
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Good, real salt (like Celtic sea salt)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pasta of your choice, I prefer to keep away from the tube kind like ziti for this, the others are great.
- Put on a pot of water for the pasta.
- Take your tomatoes and dice, put them in a non-metal bowl, add the basil.
- Add enough olive oil to cover but not drown, mix well and add another tablespoon.
- Add a pinch or two of salt and set aside until pasta is done. You can do this before dinner, I let it sit for about 30 minutes but you don’t have to.
- When pasta is cooked and drained, put it back in the pot you cooked it in & add the tomato mixture. Stir really well and let sit for a minute or two before serving, top off with a little Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and devour.
Yup, it’s that easy and the recipe can be that vague and work out wonderfully. This is the perfect time to find some truly fantastic tomatoes and fresh basil, they’re perfect now.