Recipe- Another green smoothie
- Oct 7th 2013
There really isn’t enough I can say about green smoothies, they give me loads of clean, smooth energy and make me feel great. I hit up the farmer’s market yesterday and prepared this gem.
- 2 collard green leaves, rinsed, with stems removed
- About 1/2 cup blueberries
- About 1/2 cup of pineapple
- Rice milk
- Get out your blender and put the greens, blueberry and pineapple in.
- Add rice milk (I like plain) and fill to about halfway up on the greens and fruit.
- Hit high, blend ’till smooth.
- Drink within 10 minutes for maximum vitamin absorption.
Granted, the pineapple wasn’t from the farmer’s market, but I had some frozen and wanted to use it up.
I like to keep my smoothies simple with a few ingredients, that way your body can fully utilize everything. If you use too many you might miss out. Experiment with fruit and veggie combos in your smoothies, it’s pretty tough to make something awful.
Have a great week!