Recipe- Fennel with balsamic
- Nov 26th 2013
I spoke to my sister the other day and she was raving about this dish, her friend gave her the recipe and she loved it.
I’m making this tonight but wanted to share it ASAP, in case anyone is looking for another side for their Thanksgiving dinner. It’s quick and easy, the worst part is chopping.
- 2 bulbs of raw fennel
- Balsamic vinegar
- A little water
- A little sugar (like 1/4 teaspoon or a pinch) Vegans can use unrefined sugar or dried cane juice
And do this:
- Chop the fennel into matchsticks and set aside.
- Take the balsamic (I’m going to use 1/3 cup) and put it in a frying pan.
- Add the water to the balsamic (I’m going to use a few tablespoons).
- Add the sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes and put aside to cool.
- When it’s cooled off, put the fennel in a bowl and add the balsamic mixture. (I’m going to add it slowly, as I don’t like my veggies swimming in sauce and I don’t want to add too much. Combine really well and stick it in the fridge to fully cool.
That’s it! Done! This makes a wonderful side, an addition to a salad, a topping for a sandwich, whatever you can think of. My sister snacks on it all the time and is obsessed.
It lasts for at least 2 weeks, enjoy! I hope we love it as much as she does.