Recipe-Jayme’s vegan pumpkin seed dip
- Nov 7th 2013
Jayme lives nearby and is a very talented cook, everything I’ve ever tried has been wonderful. Today’s recipe comes from her, thanks Jayme!
It’s pumpkin season, here’s a great way to serve pumpkin seeds besides eating them by the handful. I haven’t tried this yet but it’s on my list this week. Knowing Jayme it’s gonna be great and I wanted to share this as soon as possible since it’s perfect for the season.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large shallot roughly chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ cup loosely packed ﬂat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup water or more if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the garlic, shallot and jalapeño in canola oil until soft.
- Put in your blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients except for water and olive olive. Turn on and slowly add water and then slowly add olive oil. Let it blend until completely smooth, about 5 minutes.
That’s it. how quick and easy is that? I’d serve with crudites and crackers to make a healthy snack. If you’re using raw pumpkin seeds you’re going to have to peel them, I suggest getting some that are already clean as the husk can be hard to remove.
Enjoy! If you’d like more of Jayme’s recipes, do a search on her name above, I’ve made all the others and they are delicious.