Recipe: Jayme’s vegan white bean dip
- Dec 12th 2013
My friend and neighbor Jayme has done it again, her recipes are delish. Today’s is for a dip that is easy to make and crazy good, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 2 cups cooked white beans, like cannelini, drained but moist
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped ﬂat leaf parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
Now do this:
- Put the beans in the container of a food processor with garlic and a healthy pinch of salt.
- Turn the machine on, add the vegetable stock and add the olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube; process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the rosemary, parsley, and lemon zest, blend, adjust seasoning and serve immediately, or refrigerate for as long as 3 days.
You can serve this on anything, it’s great on crudites or crackers. Bring this to your next holiday pot luck and you’ll be a hit, best part is it isn’t expensive to make.
Thanks again Jayme! If you love this, do a search on the site for Jayme, lots more recipes will come up.