Baby, it’s cold outside, 6 tips
- Nov 18th 2014
Wow, this weather is nuts! We’ve gone from 60 to 40 to feels like 10 this morning, change is happening quickly.
It’s really easy to get a chill when temperatures fluctuate, add to that mass transit with sick people and you’re looking at disaster. So what can you do?
Here’s a few tips, I get cold really quickly and this is what works to keep me from freezing all winter.
- Drink more water and make it cold. Sounds wrong, right? We tend to get more dehydrated in the winter because of dry heat, lack of humidity and not realizing you’re thirsty. Cold water is a bit rough going down, but your body will help to warm it up and thus, make you warmer too.
- Layers are your best friend. I know they can be a pain in the ass in terms of bending knees and going to the bathroom, but nothing is easier to adjust your body temperature putting on or taking off layers. I know this seems like a no-brainer but many tend to get lazy and leave the layers at home, then they freeze or roast, not good.
- Garlic, ginger, cayenne & hot sauce are your best friends, they’ll keep your immune system strong and warm you up with loads of flavor, win win!
- When showering, finish off with a cold rinse. Sounds crazy, but it really helps to keep you warmer once you’re dressed, it’ll also seriously wake you up.
- There’s nothing better than a hot drink when you’re cold, but take note- Drinking hot beverages all day will actually cool you down as the body will work to regulate your temperature to normal. I’m never colder than when I’ve spent a day drinking hot tea, I wind up with sweaty feet that eventually freeze.
- Cut down on the booze- They say it heats you up but all the proof shows the opposite. Follow each drink with a big glass of water to keep you hydrated and regulate your temp.
Do you have any favorite keep warm tips? Leave them in the comments. Thanks!