Recipe: Broccoli “pesto”
- Nov 4th 2014
This is a great recipe for a few reasons, it’s really simple, you don’t need many ingredients & it’s delicious.
- Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped (more if you like lots of garlic)
- About 3 or 4 handfuls of broccoli, chopped pretty small
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite pasta
And this is what you do:
- Take out your big skillet and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Let it heat up on medium and add the onions.
- After about 15 minutes, your onions should be caramelizing, you may need to turn down the heat, you don’t want them to brown.
- Once that’s done, add the garlic and cook for a few minutes while stirring lots. Don’t let the garlic brown or it’ll get bitter.
- Add the broccoli and cook for about 3-4 minutes on medium.
- Add a few pats of butter to the pan or a little more olive oil and let melt or heat up, taste, season and serve over your favorite pasta.
- Add Parmesan cheese right before serving, you only need about a teaspoon, season to taste.
This meal was quick and stupid easy and my guest loved it, I will totally be making this again. It’s also really good vegan, just omit the butter and cheese and you’re set.