Recipe: Natural cold remedy
- Jan 15th 2015
I’ve been fighting back a cold, everyone seems to be sick in the city. It tries to take hold but I’ve been beating it back with the recipe I’m going to share with you. I’m shocked at how well this is working, usually when I start to get sick I’m down for the count.
- 1 organic lemon
- About 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- About 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- A little less than 1 teaspoon of dried ginger (If you’re using fresh, use about a 1 inch piece peeled and minced)
- Real honey to taste, about a teaspoon
This is what you do:
- Juice the lemon and put it in a big mug.
- Boil some water and let it cool for about 3 minutes before using.
- Put everything in the mug and add water, mix well.
- Drink it while it’s hot
- Repeat as necessary, I usually do 3 a day when I’m sick.
This potion kicked a cold out of my system in a day. I continue using it for a week for help out my immune system. The good news is it tastes pretty good, the bad news is it’s addictive.
If you’re really sick, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper, it’ll help to warm you up and get everything moving quicker. This is also a great drink if you’re totally stressed out, it’ll help to get you back to normal.
Try it, it’s good for kids too, just reduce the amount of cinnamon.